Battlefield 4 is an upcoming next-generation FPS developed by Dice. The game is set to unveil March 26th at GDC 2013. A teaser sneak peak along with cover image were revealed from the same source who leaked numerous details today.
To begin with, the game will provide 64 players, and it will be similar to BF3. The game will also remains in modern setting. If the rumors are true, we will be getting a tones of extra new features though, most notably: the Commander will return.
- Battlefield 4 will stick with 64 players. Maps are larger and more detailed.
- Three factions: US, Russia, and an unnamed “Eastern/Asian” faction.
- 4 classes with “additional features and tweaks” compared to BF3
- Shipping with same amount of maps as BF3, there are plans for lots of DLC.
- DLC is already in planning stages.
- Battlefield 4 Premium will be available on day one and include some perks.
- Most of the guns and vehicles from BF3 will return.
- More squad features.
- Commander feature returns, but won’t be the same as in BF2
- Battlefield 4 is coming out on both PS3 and PS4.
- Game is more of an evolution rather than revolution of the series. Both technically and gameplay wise.
- Will ship with more game modes than BF3
- Will ship with more close quarter infantry maps than BF3
- Frostbite 2 engine is pushed further in BF4. Better effects, higher res textures, more detailed game worlds, etc.
- BF3 will still be supported after Battlefield 4 launches.
- There is plan of some sort of integration between BF3 and BF4. Could be Battlelog-only.
- Battlelog will be updated for Battlefield 4 with more social features and more detailed stats.
- Single-player and co-op will return, new writers involved this time.
- Battlefield 4 – Set in China During 2020
Confirmed maps for BF4
- Diaoyu Island
- Shanghai Bund
- Xizhimen Rush
- Power station in Dalian
- Daqing oil field
- The great wall of China
- Wake Island (Classic Battlefield Map)
The game will be releasing in the late part of 2013.